Pin-connected sections provide fast setup time and the versatility to fit exact job requirements. The C-450 frame widths range from 12 feet (3.66 m) to 104 feet (31.7 m), with transitional framework attached.
Bridge Deck Finishing
GOMACO has the proven bridge deck finishers. All-welded steel construction provides the sturdiest, yet most lightweight finishers on the market.
GOMACO finishers assure you less than one-eighth inch (3 mm) tolerance in 12 feet (3.66 m) while finishing high-slump or low-slump concrete.
GOMACO offers optional hydraulic power transition adjusters (PTAs) for on-the-go crown elevation changes made from the operator’s console. PTAs may be installed at pinconnected points.
GOMACO Corporation pioneered the development of the first cylinder finisher over 50 years ago. The late Harold W. Godberson, founder of GOMACO Corporation, developed and manufactured a bridge deck finisher to meet the growing needs for bridge markets. Considered to be a milestone, the cylinder finisher made GOMACO a recognized name in the construction industry.
Today, GOMACO cylinder finishers are designed for versatility with the C-450. It is easy to operate and saves time and labor costs on all of your concrete finishing projects.
C-450 Cylinder Finisher Specifications
- ENGINE (2)
- Type: Kohler, air-cooled gasoline.
- Horsepower: 18 hp (13.4 kW) @ 3000 rpm.
- Electric Start: 12 volt start motor with a 25 amp regulator-rectifier.
- SERVICE CAPACITIES
- Fuel Reservoir: Carriage 9 gal. (34 L). Console 9 gal. (34 L).
- Hydraulic Oil: Carriage 9 gal. (34 L). Console 15.3 gal (57.9 L).
- Self-Contained: Hydraulic console with easy-to-operate controls, including variable travel. Can be positioned in other locations on the main frame for operator safety and convenience. Carriage Drive: Designed for operator ease in controlling travel speed and direction of the carriage.
- TRACTION SYSTEM
- Traction Drive: Two drive and two idler bogies standard. Drive bogies include two hydraulically-driven flanged wheels, 3.25 in. (83 mm) wide for 2 in. (51 mm) square tube.
- Optional cupped or urethane wheels are available.
- Traction Speed: Up to 31 fpm (9.4 mpm).
- Frame: All-welded steel, pin-connected main frame.
- TRANSPORT ASSEMBLY (optional)
- Tires: Two 10 in. (254 mm) x 15 in. (381 mm) wheels with 12-ply tires and removable towing tongue for job site use only.
- Hydraulic Vertical Lift: 48 in. (1219 mm).
- FRAME WIDTH
- Standard 24 in. (610 mm) Deep Frame Assembly: 12 ft. (3.66 m) to 72 ft. (21.95 m).
- Frame Transition Extensions: Positioned in the center of the C-450 frame, provides increased frame strength for widths over 72 ft. (21.95 m) up to 104 ft. (31.7 m). Frame transition extensions available in 8 ft. (2.44 m) and 12 ft. (3.66 m) lengths and a depth of 3.5 ft. (1.07 m). Consult factory for machines over 72 ft. (21.95 m) wide.
- Note: Finishing width is normally 36 in. (914 mm) less than frame width indicated.
- VARIABLE FINISHING WIDTHS
- Frame Sizes: The frame is adjustable in 2 ft. (.61 m), 4 ft. (1.22 m), 8 ft. (2.44 m), 12 ft. (3.66 m), or 16 ft. (4.88 m) increments. The C-450 assures a specified tolerance of one-eight inch (3 mm) in 12 ft. (3.66 m). A self-widening capability provides use on tapered decks and slabs. A 360 degree turntable on the upper carriage allows maximum skewing of the undercarriage to keep the finishing cylinder parallel to the center of the slab.
- POWER TRANSITION ADJUSTER (optional)
- Hydraulic Operation: Console controlled infinite adjustment for on-the-go crown elevation changes./li>
- Power transition adjusters can be installed at most frame pin-connected points.
- CARRIAGE/FINISHER ASSEMBLY
- Finishing Cylinder: One 10 in. (254 mm) diameter, 48 in. (1219 mm) long.
- Optional: Single-cylinder or double-cylinder with either 48 in. (1219 mm) or 60 in. (1524 mm) long cylinders.
- Augers: One 10 in. (254 mm) diameter (right-hand) and one 10 in. (254 mm) diameter (left-hand), 14 in. (356 mm) long with auger guard.
- Finishing Pan: 25 in. (635 mm) x 22 in. (559 mm) trailing float pan.
- TRIMMER UNDERCARRIAGE ASSEMBLY (optional)
- Trimmer Wheel: 10 in. (254 mm) x 48 in. (1219 mm) trimmer wheel for fine grading the subgrade. Tooth Holders: Standard holders with 32 replaceable cutter teeth.
- OTHER STANDARD FEATURES
- Three console auxiliary hydraulic circuits for attachments.
- Automatic advance.
- Eight-roller carriage system with rail pinch rollers.
- Bogies with 36 in. (914 mm) wheel base.
- Operator’s platform.